The first step to a successful kitchen renovation is to think about what you want in your new kitchen. So to help you answer some of the questions we will ask you we have prepared the following kitchen design checklist to get you heading in the right direction.
- Do you need to have your new kitchen ready for a particular date or occassion?
- Come up with a budget your are prepared to spend?
- Are there any special design features you want to include?
- Think about the style of kitchens you prefer – modern, traditional or contemporary?
- Handles versus no handles – modern kitchens are tending to not use handles for a more streamlined appearance
- What storage requirements do you have?
- Do you have any particular needs you want your kitchen design to incorporate?
- Do you have preferences when it comes to appliances or would you prefer us to recommend some options?
- What type of benchtop do you want – looking for durability, value, look ?
- Is your kitchen part of a larger space or a separate area?
- Do you have any colour swatches you need to match?
- Take a picture of your current kitchen before you visit us so we can get a better understanding of what’s possible based on your size & budget.
- Keep a scrap book of different kitchen designs, colours, bench tops, doors and finishes you like.
One of the best pieces of advice we can give for a kitchen renovation there is never too much preparation.